Monday, May 26

Darling

Touch my chest and hear my heart beat when I see you.

Darling;
It has been a while. I miss you. Please come back. I love you still. And I know you still do. I'm very sure we are the best couple ever. Why did you leave me? Come back. We were meant to be.
I remember clearly, when you first met me, few years ago. I was shopping with my girls. You and your boys. Things were crazy at the Deli's. You came over to my table out of a dare by one of your friends Jeri. You asked me, "What's your name?" and I reply "Who are you and why should you know lah?" You just shook your head and laugh. "Whatever." And gave me a piece of paper. Folded pink paper. That time, I thought you are a kay-lo, so I ignore you. You left to your group of boys. You look at me. I look at you. You know I'm hot. I know you are too.
My friends think you're cute. Remember Hie Shen? She thinks you look cute. I wanted to introduce the two of you, but she said I look better with you. She told me ,"Take him and don't turn back."
I went home, thinking when can I see you again. We're from different schools, and I know some day I will be with you. I opened the letter, that pink paper. You wrote, with those ugly handwriting of yours,I still love it.
Amoy,
Want to go yam cha some day? I love your cute smile and the way you talk. Meet me soon lah girl. You thought I wasn't going to give you or ask for your number right? Here's my number. Call me. xxx-xxx-xxxxx. I'd love to know you more, if you're single. My name's Pete. From xxx High School. See you soon lah ok?

Cute writing. I called you almost immediately. I remember how we started.
Regine : Hello?
Pete : Yeah?
Regine : I know it's un-ladylike for a girl to call a boy....but
Pete : (silent)
Regine : I met you in....
Pete : The Deli's, right?
Regine : You know it was me eh?
Pete : How could I not? At first I thought you are going to throw this away and say "Crazy Player!" but you called me instead.
Regine : So Pete
Pete : What's your name, please may I know?
You were desperate. For me. I was for you too.
Regine : Lola Regine Philips Ong. I'm Chinese-American. Moved from America to Singapore.
Pete : Whoa? Not from America to China? You said you're Chinese-American. Isn't Chinese from China?
Idiot.
Regine : Then what are you? A Bangladeshi, full Bangla?
Pete : I'm Singaporean-Chinese.
Regine : What? First from Singapore, then to China? Then back to Singapore again?
Our conversation was getting stupid.
Pete : You know it, Regine.
Regine : Right. So are you going to take me out?
Pete : the restuarant near Orchard Street. Will come and meet you there tomorrow.

Things soon come. Everything was great. I thought I was going to marry him. He was such a gentleman,such a good boy. I love him.ill
We broke up after two years being together. And I want to get back with him. He doesn't. I miss you, Darling. Can you come back? I'll change. I'll throw my bra-like tops and tubes just to be with you. I swear. And I'll come and dress like a real woman. Real woman. Where did that come from? We broke up because after a year and a half, I got influenced badly by this hot girl, Raggetta Davis. Raggetta is like some GRO in clubs. And I love her and want to be like her. So my dressing changed. And so is my attitude. I just realised. After my best friend Ella and Gillian told me. I dress better now. No wearing just bikinis and short shorts out again. I once wore this lace-up panties and a tube which just covers your breasts. And got stares from friends. They say I look like a GRO. I used to hate them for it. Now I agree and love my friends. They are so true.
And what happened to Raggetta you ask? I stayed friends with her. But we don't mix much. I almost lost my sanity and virginity because of her. She pushed me and some boy we met in the club to some hotel and we .....I don't want to remember. It was horrible. A disgrace to me. I feel shameful. And I feel like some prostitute with AIDS going around. But I'm not. I don't have AIDS. His penis didn't go in my vagina. Thankfully. And Pete, you're right. Maybe God exists. I hear so much from Harris, Apple and Levine. I shall come along with you.

No comments: